MEDICAID CHANGES IN STORE: WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
How Will the Dollars Be Allocated?
HEAR FROM THE PERSON WHO WILL DECIDE
New York State Medicaid Director
MONDAY, JUNE 12th
6 – 8pm
150 West 30th Street, 15th Floor
Here are some of our questions:
How will changes to the Medicaid dollars affect our families?
What are the plans for Managed Care for people with ID/DD?
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS HERE: Questions@nycfair.org
These two articles lay out the situation
Trump Budget Guts Medicaid, Disability Programs Disability Scoop
REGISTER WITH NYC FAIR:
Be patient with the link
INDICATE YOUR LOCATION PREFERENCE
ON THE REGISTRATION FORM
- VIDEO CONFERENCING WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THESE OTHER LOCATIONS FOR THE MEETING WITH JASON HELGERSON
Staten Island: PCCS, 150 Granite Ave, SI, NY
- Nassau County: FREE, 191Bethpage – Sweethollow Road, Old Bethpage, NY
- Rockland County: The ARC of Rockland, 25 Hemlock Drive, Congers, NY
- Ulster / Greene Counties: 471 Albany Ave., Kingston, NY
- Suffolk: DDI, 99 Hollywood Drive, Smithtown NY.Call- In #: 646-780-0451, PIN: 314-512-500 #
Translation Available if Requested Before June 1st
For Policy Wonks: Also on June 12th, from 10:30 – Noon:
Mr Helgerson will attend the Medicaid Advocates Meeting. It deals with more technical and large-scale policy issues. Agenda items include DSRIP and Self-Direction.
Here are detailed instructions to attend this meeting and the proposed agenda.
A MORE GENERAL DISCUSSION OF HOW MEDICAID MAY IMPACT PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE EVENING
Coming Next Week:
Information about pending legislation concerning: Changes in Justice Center Reporting, Changes in 17A Guardianship Rules, the FAIR ACT, AND the implications of the proposed federal budget to programs for IDD.